Whether you're an athlete, agent, club or sports business the pressure to succeed is greater than ever. Our lawyers understand your ambition and alleviate the stress of complex legal challenges such as brand building, contracts and injuries, family issues and wealth planning.
Professionalism is increasing everywhere, at every level and for every party. There’s more scrutiny of governance, ethics, integrity and duties of care. And that’s on top of the ongoing need for individuals and teams to find that elusive competitive edge.
Whoever you are, you can rely on us to give you simple, clear and direct advice across every area of law connected to sport. With so many people involved in every aspect of sports life, you can trust us to understand what the problems really are and give you the solutions you really need.
Sportspeople, agents, clubs, brands and associations come to us because they know we’re as passionate about sport as we are about the law. Which means we focus on proactive and informed planning for the future. As well as minimising the risks that are just around the corner.
We can support you in every area of your personal and professional life. From brand building, contracts and injuries, to family issues, asset management and wealth planning. Doing the hard work behind the scenes that supports your long term career goals.
Whatever the issues, you’ll have a team behind you making life as hassle-free as possible and taking the stress out of difficult situations. Solving your problems with little fuss so that you can focus your attention and energy on being as successful as you possibly can.
Our related services are:
- managing, enhancing and protecting professional and personal reputation
- drafting contracts between competitors, teams, managers, agents and advertisers
- wealth planning, including advice on wills, trust structures and tax
- structuring and protecting assets, whether financial investments, artwork, luxury goods or property
- protecting family assets through nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements
- advising couples involved in separation or divorce often with multi-disciplinary issues
- advising on children matters including co-parenting agreements, surrogacy and adoption
- advising on the complexities of UK immigration law, whether as a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting) migrant
- representing sport professionals facing disciplinary proceedings
- advising on business ventures and personal investments.
Our recent experience includes:
- advising football players and managers with global reputations on defamation claims
- advising on a separation agreement between a Premiership footballer and his former partner
- representing a heavyweight boxer in a hearing before the British Boxing Board of Control
- representing a football manager in a wrongful dismissal claim against their former club
- working with Premier League players on assessing the impact that international placements would have on the player’s UK immigration status
- advising a former premiership football player in relation to a multi-jurisdictional claim against his adviser and agent