Partner: Head of Employment
Jane is Head of our Employment Team and is rated by legal directories for "her clear advice, good judgment and ability to get straight to the point".
She specialises in all areas of employment law and partnership disputes, working closely with business leaders, including many HR Directors, to provide commercial legal input into business critical issues. These include discrimination prevention and litigation, strategic and Boardroom and partner appointments and terminations, local and international redundancy and restructuring, team moves and other restrictive covenant and garden leave enforcement, complex grievance complaints, industrial relations and data protection issues. She advises many clients in the financial services and media sectors.
Jane is an active member of the Employment Lawyers' Association, having previous been its Treasurer.
- protecting a FTSE250 client's interests by enforcing its confidentiality and post-termination restrictions against departing employees, and their new employers, obtaining High Court injunctions where necessary;
- undertaking an audit/internal investigation into allegations of regulating breaches of a financial services firm;
- advising a media company on the restructuring of its Group and newspaper operating Boards;
- successfully defending a private equity house against whistleblowing claims brought by a partner;
- enforcing garden leave and post-termination restrictions for a broking house against a team of brokers and their putative new employer;
- advising a media client project team, averting industrial action and renegotiating its collective agreement;
- advising a public company on a pan-European restructure with the closure of parts of its business, intra-group TUPE-transfers, some internationally, and collective redundancies;
- successfully defending a media group against Employment Tribunal proceedings in respect of employee status for casual workers/freelancers;
- advising the executive team of an AIM-listed company on their employment terms shareholding and restrictions in connection with sale to an NYSE-listed company;
- advising a listed company on a Brexit - related restructuring; and
- working for listed and non-listed companies and senior individuals, negotiating and drafting Service Agreements, including complex incentive arrangements, and termination arrangements as well as advising on corporate governance and regulatory issues.
A Piscean, Jane is a champion swimmer and keen surfer.