Lydia Christie is a solicitor who advises on the full range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious, from recruitment through to termination of employment.
Her experience includes:
- bringing and defending claims in the Employment Tribunal
- drafting and advising on senior level service agreements, contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks, policies and procedures
- advising on disciplinary, grievance and redundancy procedures
- advising on termination issues, including settlements agreements and post-termination restrictive covenants
Lydia has a particular interest in whistleblowing and has contributed to various formal consultation responses on whistleblowing.
Part of the firm's retail and leisure sector group, Lydia regularly advises luxury retail brands, restaurants and hotels on their employment law issues.
- advising on the employment law aspects of a Lebanese restaurant chain Comptoir Group's AIM listing
- acting for a luxury brand retailer to defend alleged claims of bullying and discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation
- advising a senior employee at a large IT services business on potential whistleblowing complaints
- advising a luxury brand retailer on proposed employment of a senior executive working for a competitor and associated restrictive covenants
- advising senior executives on senior level termination packages at several large high street retailers.
Lydia has lived and worked in Japan. Lydia hosted a monthly employment law show on London Greek Radio answering callers' questions on topical employment law issues.