Firm information

Complaints procedure

We wish to provide you with high quality legal advice and client care in all respects.

"Man in suit talking to woman in floral dress.

If you have any questions or concerns, please speak initially to your client partner or to the particular partner who is in charge of the work.

The person with overall responsibility for managing complaints is Rebecca Atkinson, Director of Risk & Compliance supervised by our Compliance Officer for Legal Practice and Partner, Kate Woodgate. Rebecca is assisted by the Risk & Compliance team. If you wish to raise a formal complaint we ask that you communicate your complaint to us in writing setting out your particular concerns. This helps us to understand your complaint and respond to it. If you want to raise a formal complaint please email Rebecca Atkinson at

Alternatively you can write to the lawyer with conduct of your matter, client partner or the particular partner who is in charge of the work and request your complaint be forwarded to Rebecca Atkinson. 

It is important to raise your questions or concerns with us as soon as possible.

If you remain dissatisfied with our level of service, or our handling of your complaint, or we have not resolved it to your satisfaction within eight weeks of your complaining to us, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider it.  Generally you must do that within six months from the date of our final written response to your complaint. 

The Legal Ombudsman is the independent service set up to resolve complaints about legal services. Their office is PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ (Tel: 0300 555 0333).

You have to make a formal complaint to us first, and give us the opportunity to deal with it before using the Legal Ombudsman. Ordinarily you must refer a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • within six years from our act or omission about which you are complaining;
  • or within three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint without taking advice from a third party;

whichever is later.

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

If you have concerns about our conduct such as dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic you have the right to raise your concerns with our regulator, the Solicitors Regulation Authority. You can visit their website to see how to raise your concerns: visit SRA website here.