Sponsorship & Endorsements
We help many high-profile individuals, sportsmen and women and celebrities to create revenue through licensing, merchandising and endorsement agreements. We also advise entities (sponsors, management companies, agencies, media companies and event/competition organisations) on contractual negotiations, disputes and regulatory compliance. Although we cover the full range of sports, three areas mark us out as true specialists – motorsport (from F1 to rally-cross), football and cricket.
We offer you expertise ranging from transactional support to media rights, litigious matters including disputes arising from commercial arrangements, employment matters, and regulatory and disciplinary work.
Our recent experience includes advising:
- a premiership footballer on (unfounded) rape allegations and connected reputation management issues
- in regulatory and disciplinary complaints in the sports arena including motorsport (including competitors and teams in karting series, Formula Renault, Formula 3, F3 Euro, Euroseries 3000, F2, GP2, F1 and Powerboat P1), football and athletics and many matters involving drugs related offences
- a Formula 1 driver at World Motor Sports Council hearings (Paris)
- successful challenge of Grand Prix disqualification of competitors of Powerboat P1 (Monaco)
- a management company in dispute with talent arising from breach of management contract
- a talent and management company on joint venture agreements with commercial partners
- on many actions for breach of trade marks and passing off including dealing with social media defamation and fake identities