Whether you are turning professional in your sport, building your brand, moving to a new country or club or planning to protect yourself and your family, we are here to help. We can guide you through the legal side of making your relationships, your investments and your career work for you.
If things do go wrong, we can represent you whether your difficulties are caused by injury, disciplinary issues, disputes in your employment or commercial arrangements or personal matters outside your sport. We'll even be there to make sure you can look after your family after you've gone.
We know what it means to be the best in your sport. We understand the pressure you cope with every day. We also know how to protect you, now and for the future.
Our recent experience includes:
- drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts, including employment, management, agency, sponsorship, merchandising, licensing, appearance and performance
- advising on joint venture agreements with commercial partners
- building your brand and protecting your image and managing conflicts in sponsorship coverage
- exploiting your image with media rights, including TV, radio, internet, telecoms and converging technologies
- protecting trade-marks including actions for infringement and passing off
- protecting your assets with pre- and post-nuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements and investment in property and assets, including art, motor vehicles and greyhounds
- protecting your wealth with offshore structures and trusts, wills and estate planning
- dealing with reputational issues, including defamation and privacy actions and fake identities on social media
- resolving disputes between business partners, including acting for owners of world-class show jumping horses in disputes with their agents
- resolving disputes, including commercial, management and insurance issues
- advising clients on personal injury claims
- representing clients in connection with police investigations and criminal allegations and charges
- advising on regulatory and disciplinary complaints in football, athletics and motorsport, including drugs-related offences
- advising on divorce, separation, children-related matters, and wills and estate planning
For more information, please visit our microsite hksport.law.