We advise individuals and businesses throughout the music industry on many and varied legal issues.
Because of our close involvement and real affinity with those working in the music and entertainment industry many of our clients comment on the insight we can bring to every situation. They expect and receive authoritative advice which is always commercial, practical and specific.
We are also in tune with emerging technologies – advising clients how best to harness their potential or how they can insulate themselves from risk.
Our clients are performers, composers, arrangers and producers in the music industry and have ranged across the decades.
Our services include:
- representing both borrowers and lenders in relation to finance for musical and entertainment productions and exploitation
- raising equity finance
- due diligence for banks, lenders and acquirers of music and film catalogues
- production, financing and exploitation agreements for West End, touring and international musicals, concerts, ballets and operatic events
- management, recording and publishing agreements
- merchandising and sponsorship agreements
- provision of intellectual property advice in respect of copyright, performers rights, moral rights and trade marks
- licensing and dispute resolution services in relation to the exploitation, defence or enforcement of such rights
- acting as mediator, arbitrator or expert in music disputes
- protecting assets in the most tax efficient way, particularly through the use of trusts.