We have wide and varied experience in dealing with financial service companies facing financial difficulty.
Our advice has encompassed credit default swap litigation, solvent and insolvent insurance company restructuring and stakeholder advice in situations of financial institution insolvency (such as the Icelandic Banks, Irish Banks, MF Global, Lehman Brothers and Enron). We are particularly known for our work at Boardroom level when planning a programme of reconstruction and providing advice to Directors on the duties and liabilities that they may face.
Our recent work includes:
- board advisory work involved in the transfer of a credit default swap brokerage business and the winding up of its UK operations
- acting for the administrator of a film investment company on the realisation of its assets
- acting for the Board of a General Partner in the restructuring of a Limited Partnership formed for the purpose of specialist property investment
- acting for the liquidator of an insurance brokerage ensuring regulatory compliance in dealing with its run off business
- advising the Board of a Group of Companies, in extrapolating value for its investors, through the use of a solvent voluntary liquidation of its film investment partnerships.