Partner: Head of Dispute Resolution
Simon has a wealth of experience in commercial and property disputes having acted for a wide spectrum of companies, property and investment groups, and individuals.
In addition to numerous cases in courts in England including the Court of Appeal and Privy Council, Simon has been involved in actions across Europe and worldwide.
- a multinational company in claims concerning the misuse of its database and property, and more generally co-ordinating court proceedings for the same company in different matters in Australia, Italy, South Africa, India and Europe.
- a premiership football club in a significant contractual claim.
- a consortium of estate agents in a claim to fees arising from the sale of one of the most expensive houses ever sold in the UK, the matter reaching its conclusion in the Court of Appeal.
- supervising possession actions for a landlord client within its national property portfolio
- a partnership dispute involving investments in 4 and 5 star hotels, over assets worth in excess of £200 million
- a variety of matters for an international hotel asset manager.
- a dilapidations claim through to trial in a case reported for its legal relevance concerning headquarters in the City of London
- a family dispute leading to the division of property following mediation
- commercial disputes for one of Europe’s leading technical providers
- right of light claims in relation to property in the City of London
- a number of negligence and contractual claims against professional advisors
- a private bank in a contractual claim
- a company in the leisure industry in contractual and property claims including a claim against its former solicitors
- a UK house builder against a “top four” firm of accountants in relation to its complaint over a failed tax arrangement
Simon’s ancestor was (allegedly) King of Poland for a day!