Nick advises on all aspects of employment law. He started his legal career as a commercial litigator but has specialised in employment law for a number of years, particularly contentious issues such as unfair and wrongful dismissal claims and enforcement of post termination restrictions in employment contracts. His experience covers non contentious matters from drafting employment contracts to advising on mass redundancy programmes, TUPE issues and settlement agreements.
Nick is a member of the Employment Lawyers´ Association.
• secured maximum compensation award and an order for costs against a Health Authority on behalf a nurse who had been unfairly dismissed
• obtained an injunction to enforce post termination non-compete restrictions in an employment contract to prevent an ex-employee from setting up in competition with the client
• acted in a tribunal claim for a female employee who was told to hand in her notice when she announced she was getting married. The claim for discrimination on the grounds of her forthcoming marriage was settled on favourable terms shortly before the hearing.
• advised a well-known property developer on the TUPE implications of the reorganisation and outsourcing of its entire estate management staff on all its UK sites
• acted on UK employment issues and coordinated multi-jurisdictional employment issues in relation to the sale of a worldwide media business
• advised a well-known publishing company in relation to collective redundancy /TUPE issues in relation to merger with a rival publishing company.
Lives in Dublin, Ireland.
Get in touch
T: +44 (0) 20 3755 5747
F: +44 (0) 20 3650 7097
Ashleigh La Roche
T: +44 (0)20 3755 5354