Mark joined the Construction Department at Howard Kennedy in September 2015 as a newly qualified solicitor having completed his training at the firm. He was previously a paralegal at the firm and has over ten years’ experience acting for clients in a broad range of litigation matters.
Mark has advised regulators, financial institutions, public and private companies and professionals in cases involving the UKs major enforcement agencies. He has conducted complex litigation in the Administrative Court and Court of Appeal and is experienced and adept advising clients in both a regulatory and commercial context.
Mark is now working with the construction team on a wide range of development projects, financing projects and litigation.
Mark is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Advising commercial property investment fund on its construction documentation in connection with a large office block and commercial premises on Trafalgar Square, London
- Advising an investor in connection with £10 million building contract and ancillary appointments for redevelopment in Wapping, London
- Advising a private bank on a range of security documents
- Advising bridging finance/mortgage companies on borrower’s construction documentation
- Advising oil and gas exploration services contractor in its claim against a major oil company for non-payment of fees
- Advising an Employer in potential claim against major contracts in connection with defective roof installation
- Advising a major developer in connection with a multi-party building defects dispute
- Advising an Employer in connection with a call on a bond following the insolvency of its Contractor
- Advised an investment funder in a successful mediation concerning defective construction of commercial premises
- Advised a sub-contractor in a claim by its supplier for payment
- Advised a contractor in an adjudication over a JCT Sub-contract, obtaining a decision in favour of the contractor
- Advised a private members club on corporate liability under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
Mark is an accomplished fly-fisherman.