Fiona is a Partner in the litigation team. While she advises on a wide range of commercial disputes, Fiona specialises in resolving disputes for clients involved in financial services and sport, predominantly in football and equestrian sport.
Fiona has particular expertise in:
- Breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and misrepresentation claims
- Civil fraud claims, including bribery and corruption claims, injunctions and committal applications
- Internal investigations in relation to allegations of fraud, self-reports and/or potential enforcement proceedings by overseas and domestic regulators
- Shareholder and director disputes.
- Advising a former premiership football player in relation to a multi-jurisdictional claim against his adviser and agent
- Advising a football agent in relation to a contractual dispute over the interpretation of a commercial contract
- Advising the owners of showjumpers and racehorses on disputes with their co-owners, trainers, agents or riders concerning the sale, purchase, ownership and management of horses
- Acting for high net worth investors in claims against a UK financial institutions for losses suffered on structured products
- Advising an activist hedge fund shareholder in its campaign to change the conduct of the board of a public company
- Acting as external in-house litigation counsel to various hedge funds and private equity funds
- Seconded to the Investigations and Enforcement team within AIM Regulation at the London Stock Exchange
- Advising a former civil servant defending a civil claim alleging corruption while in office
- Advising a manufacturing organisation in relation to a multi-jurisdictional regulatory investigation.
- Financial Services Litigation Association
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Women in Racing
Fiona is a Preliminary Teacher with the British Horse Society and spends her spare time working with young or challenging horses and their owners.