Daniel specialises in commercial disputes, providing clear and practical advice with an unswerving focus on his clients' objectives.
He advises in respect of a broad range of issues, including contractual, shareholder & corporate and partnership disputes, property and insolvency litigation, negligence and obtaining and defending against applications for injunctive relief.
Daniel is a solicitor-advocate and has extensive experience of alternative dispute resolution methods, including mediation.
Daniel was selected as a Rising Star for 2014 and again, for 2015, by Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, recognising solicitors who exhibit excellence in the practice of law.
- on a derivative claim brought on behalf of a freehold company, with issues arising out of a transaction at an undervalue
- on a dispute between two equal shareholders, resulting in the buyout by one of the parties on agreed terms
- on a dispute between a utility company and its individual customer and between a utility company and its corporate customer
- on a claim pursued by a recruitment company for commission following the introduction of a new employee
- a neighbour dispute over rights of access with aggravating factors arising from the neighbours' ownership and handling of three large dogs
- on a complex civil fraud claim involving a large portfolio of properties (the litigation comprising a dispute over 60 of the properties), with pleaded claims in deceit, negligent misstatement and breach of contract
- on an alleged transfer of a single issued share in the first claimant company (Hamilton College London Ltd and another v Ahmad and another EWHC 2072 (Ch))
- the German administrator of Phoenix Kapitaldienst GmbH, a company incorporated in Germany and subsequently used as a vehicle for a worldwide “Ponzi” scheme fraud (Re Phoenix, Schmitt v Deichmann  EWHC (Ch) 62)
- on a dispute arising from a partnership agreement
- on a multi-party claim for commission on a £16 million property transaction (Glentree Estates Limited v Holbeton Limited  EWHC 2901 (QB))
- on a claim for professional negligence brought against solicitors instructed on a property transaction (Joyce v Bowman Law Ltd  EWHC 251 (Ch))
Daniel took part in a charitable white collar boxing event, training out of Frank Maloney's 'Fight Factory' and appearing under the ring name Dan 'the Guillotine' Gleek.