Craig Emden is the Managing Partner of Howard Kennedy and is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution department
He advises on all aspects of commercial and real estate litigation, both domestic and international. His areas of expertise include corporate and partnership disputes (particularly shareholder disputes), professional negligence, insolvency and general commercial litigation and sports-related litigation. His clients range from individual entrepreneurs and partnerships to major PLCs.
- acting for a football agent in a multi-million-pound claim brought by a football club claiming breach of contract, conspiracy, deceit and fraudulent misrepresentation
- acting for a billionaire client on a £3m commission claim against him following the acquisition of a property for £173m-culminating in an 8-day trial
- acting for a bank following multiple fraud and suing solicitors and valuers for professional negligence in a series of cases
- acting for a partner in a solicitors’ firm who was expelled for threatening to sue his partners for making fraudulent misrepresentations inducing him to become an equity partner
- acting for directors faced with a freezing injunction and a £90m claim by an investor
- acting for a large overseas travel operator in a claim for £45m against a credit card merchant acquirer and obtaining a freezing injunction and judgment for this sum
- acting for a property company in a multi-million-pound claim against one of the directors. The claim involved knowledge of and dishonest involvement in a fee-sharing arrangement between third parties and conspiring to assist a third party to make a payment of a bribe and breaching its fiduciary duties
- acting for directors accused of fraudulently misrepresenting the financial position of their company, inducing an investor to put in money and allegedly resulting in a £16m loss
Craig is an avid Spurs fan and is more than happy to travel to places like Kazan, Donetsk and Maribor to follow his team!