About Howard Kennedy
- Howard Kennedy is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (No OC 361417) and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our registered office is at No.1 London Bridge, London, SE1 9BG, UK and our VAT number is GB 108285810.
- Any reference on the Howard Kennedy website to this "firm" or "practice" is to Howard Kennedy and any reference to a "Partner" is to a member of Howard Kennedy or an employee or consultant who is a lawyer with equivalent standing and qualifications. These words do not indicate practice in an unlimited partnership.
- A list of the members of the LLP is displayed at the above address, together with a list of those non-members who are designated as partners.
Use of Our Website
- Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend or suspend some or all of the services we provide on our Website without notice.
- The materials available on this Website including without limitation all text, graphics, images and sounds are protected by copyright or other applicable intellectual property rights. The owner of such rights is Howard Kennedy or its licensors as the case may be.
- You may download, store and use the documents available on this Website for your own personal, non-commercial use or that of your firm or company. Our publications and blogs appearing on our Website may be shared on social media networks by use of sharing buttons, where provided on our Website. You may not otherwise republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make any material on this Website available to any other party on-line, in hard copy or on any other electronic or physical media without our express prior written consent. You may not translate, or modify any material on this Website. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged.
- The "Howard Kennedy LLP" "Howard Kennedy" names and logos, and any other graphics and marks (whether registered or unregistered) used on this site by us ("Our Trade Names"), are protected by law. Our Trade Names must not be used in association with the products or services of a third party or in a manner which could, either directly or indirectly, discredit us, this Website or a third party. All other trade marks and trade names (including trade names and logos belonging to our clients and third parties) remain the intellectual property of their respective owners whose rights are similarly asserted.
- You must not use any method that could hinder use of this Website by any person nor access or attempt to access any private communication, document, data or other material without Howard Kennedy's express prior written consent.
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack or otherwise.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- Our Website must not be framed on any other site.
Information about you and your visits to our website
Reliance on information posted
This Website is for general information only and is not a binding offer to provide legal services. Nothing on this Website constitutes advice, nor does the transmission of any information or materials create any contractual relationship or retainer. Individual circumstances vary and you must instruct us formally if you would like us to assist you with a specific legal issue. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on any materials on our Website by any visitor to our Website or by anyone who may be informed of its contents.
Limitation of liability
- We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We accept no responsibility for any errors, omissions, delays, or losses including loss of data during or as a result of interruptions to the service.
- Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that material available for download from the Website is free from viruses, worms or other malicious or disruptive code or devices, we cannot guarantee that such is the case and we accept no liability for damage caused or data lost.
- Any hyperlinks to other websites are provided for convenience only, and Howard Kennedy assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the contents of those other websites linked to, or any products or services advertised or sold on those websites.
- Howard Kennedy does not warrant the content, accuracy or completeness of any material on this Website. The content of this Website is not intended to give a comprehensive analysis on any subject. Further, the law may have changed since the date that any information was first published on the Website. You are advised to take specific legal advice in relation to any legal issue you may have.
- You accept this Website "as is" without any representation, warranty or guarantee whatsoever, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of accuracy, completeness, quality, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- Subject to clause 8 below, in no event will Howard Kennedy be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damages or any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind (including without limitation loss of profits or contracts, loss of data, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time or loss of income or revenue) arising out of or in connection with your access to, or use of the Website, any material on the Website or any materials or services available from the Website, whether based in contract, tort and whether negligent or otherwise, even if Howard Kennedy has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Users of the Website shall not be entitled to make any claim personally against any individual connected to Howard Kennedy (including its Partners, solicitors and other staff) in respect of relevant loss or damage and, on behalf of such individuals, all such liability is disclaimed accordingly.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit the liability of Howard Kennedy for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Howard Kennedy, nor for fraud or any other liability which cannot be lawfully excluded.
- You agree that these Terms and any dispute arising in any way in relation to the Website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- Save where prohibited by law, you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
- In the event that any provision in these Terms is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions which shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and Howard Kennedy relating to the subject matter hereof (save for any formal retainer you may have with Howard Kennedy) and supersede any prior understanding or agreement regarding the Website.
- We reserve the right to alter these Terms at any time, without prior notice. Any modification will take effect immediately, either by the modified agreement being displayed, or by notification. You agree to check these Terms regularly for modifications and additions.
- Certain offers or services available on the Website may have additional terms and conditions, as published on the Website. A material breach of such terms and conditions by you will amount to a material breach of these Terms.
- The provisions of these Terms on intellectual property, liability and jurisdiction shall remain in force if these Terms expire or are terminated.
- No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of that right and no waiver by us of any breach by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- No third party shall have the right to enforce any provision of these Terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Howard Kennedy LLP
No 1 London Bridge
SE1 9BG UK
+44 (0)20 3755 6000
Last updated: 29th October 2014