Getting you from design to development
Development, regeneration and infrastructure projects are becoming increasingly complex as market conditions change and legislation and case law develops. You need sophisticated and practical solutions to navigate this planning maze.
We have exceptional people who work tremendously hard to deliver the highest quality service.
The team offers a range of services including the following:
- Tactical and strategic planning promotion advice through the Town and Country Planning regime
- Advice in delivery of complex schemes requiring Development Consent Orders (DCOs) or Transport and Works Act Orders (TWAOs)
- Strategic advice on policy applications and viability
- Legal robustness health checking of planning applications and environmental impact assessments
- Drafting and negotiating planning and related infrastructure agreements
- Advice on compulsory purchase and compensation Advice on Community Infrastructure Levy
- Preparation for and project management of major planning inquiries and examinations
- Strategic conduct of appeal court proceedings, including judicial review and statutory appeals
- Advice on implementation and modification and release of planning conditions
- Technical advice on highways, rights of way and town and village green issues
- Advice on heritage issues including listed buildings/conservation area controls
- Advice on contaminated land and environmental regulatory issues
- Advice on lawful development certificates and advertisement consents
- Advice and conduct of planning enforcement
- Advocacy at public inquires and hearings.
Our recent experience includes advising:
- Almacantar: advised on all the planning aspects and drafted and negotiated the section 106 agreement for the redevelopment of Marble Arch Tower, a large-scale mixed-use development combining prime residential, office, retail, restaurant and cinema space. Currently advising on the section 278 agreements and the stopping up order application
- Almacantar: advised on all the planning aspects and drafted and negotiated the s106 agreement for the £350m residential-led conversion of the 1960's Centre Point Tower in central London
- Caudwell Properties: advised on all the planning aspects of the redevelopment of Audley Square House, a high-end housing complex in Mayfair.
- Hammerson: advised on all planning aspects and drafted and negotiated the section 106 agreement for London Wall Place ("St Alphage") a 500,000 sq ft scheme delivering two landmark office buildings and extensive landscaped public realm
- Land Securities: advised on the major planning inquiry work for the call-in inquiry for the 20 Fenchurch Street tower ("the walkie-talkie"), a 38-storey building and sky garden, which involved heritage impacts on surrounding area, including St Paul's, and rights of light issues
- Barking Riverside Ltd (JV between Greater London Authority and L&Q): advised on the submission and strategy of all the planning applications for the largest housing development in the Thames Gateway (10,400 homes) and the subsequent discharge of conditions and implementation of the project and masterplan. Advising on a new S.73 application and drafting and negotiating a S.106 agreement
- Lend Lease: advised on strategy and negotiated the s106 agreement for the Heygate Estate, centre of the Elephant & Castle £1.5bn regeneration project
- London Underground Ltd: advised on the joint venture with CapCo for the 69 acres 6,770 homes masterplan for the redevelopment of the Earls Court project
- Lucent Group: advised on all planning aspects and highways issues and reviewed the complex environmental impact assessment in order to secure the delivery of Lincolnshire Lakes Masterplan, which comprises four planning applications to create a 3,500 homes residential led scheme
- EDF Energy: advised on the planning application for site preparation works and the application for the DCO to construct and operate the nuclear power station Hinkley Point C
- Forewind Ltd: advised strategically and procedurally on the DCO application for the construction and operation of the two proposed offshore wind farms Teesside A & B each with a maximum generating capacity of 1.2 GW, the world's largest offshore wind farm
- Heathrow Airport Ltd: advised on the new Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations as to whether any change to, or extension of, Heathrow airport will always require screening, so as to be able to take forward discussions with Hillingdon Council on future planning applications for the airport
- HS2 Ltd/Department of Transport: advised on the submission of the contentious hybrid Bill to Parliament and undertaking a highly complex review of the environmental impact assessment for the hybrid Bill to build and operate High Speed Two
- London Underground Ltd: advised on the redevelopment of Bank and Monument station on its complex environmental impact assessment and its challenging application of a TWAO to construct and operate the railway
- Transport for London: advised on all planning aspects, SEA/EIA issue, consultation issues and consenting strategy on the potential major new rail line Crossrail 2 for London and the South East
- Transport for London: advised on the s106 agreement and side infrastructure agreement for the redevelopment of the Royal Albert Docks in order to secure the vital infrastructure before Crossrail comes forward in order for the site to be developed to its full potential
- Lucent Group: advised on all the multi-consenting aspects (including a TWAO, listed building. consent, marine licences) for the complex £450m redevelopment of Southampton Pier to revamp the waterfront by featuring a multi-storey 200-bedroom luxury hotel, a mega-casino, restaurants and bars, a new marina (reclamation of land), 500 homes and to become a purpose- built new home for the PSP Southampton Boat Showhomes residential led scheme.