Our construction department has worked around the world on a diverse portfolio of construction matters, ranging from residential and retail buildings to major energy and transport projects.
Their legal know-how runs parallel to their market insight.
The team covers non-contentious and contentious legal advice for construction clients, including developers, funders, contractors and investors. Our “life-cycle” approach means that we can provide advice on all matters relating to funding, drafting, negotiations, delivery and enforcement of construction projects.
Our services include:
- Alternative procurement strategies
- Tender package preparation and the drafting of all forms of construction and development documents
- Tendering and tender analysis, contract negotiation and contract award
- Pro-active advice during the build phase on risk management, contract administration and dispute avoidance
- Guidance through practical completion regimes and on to final account settlements.
Our goal is to assist you to deliver your projects on time, on-budget and to specification. There are occasions when complications and disputes arise, however. Should any conflict not be capable of resolution through negotiation, then we act decisively to bring about the best possible resolution for you.
Our recent experience includes advising:
- A major UK developer on construction matters on various of its multi-million pound mixed-use schemes across London
- An Asian backed developer on all construction aspects of high end residential developments in central London
- A Dutch contractor on the design and construction of a new data centre for a leading IT company in the midlands
- Several banking institutions on the construction aspects of the numerous development projects they are financing
- A variety of clients ranging from contractors, sub-contractors and owners of historic buildings in various disputes concerning their construction projects.