Powers of Attorney
Powers of Attorney enable you to appoint someone to take action for you.
We regularly help clients put in place Lasting Powers of Attorney (both property and financial affairs and health and welfare), general powers of attorney, Trustee powers of attorney and powers of attorney to give authority to carry out specific functions.
Our services include:
- drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney and arranging registration
- advising on specific restrictions and guidance to include in a Lasting Power of Attorney
- arranging assessments of mental capacity
- drafting bespoke general and Trustee powers of attorney
- preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney (both property and financial affairs and health and welfare) for a married couple and advising on choice of attorneys and appropriate guidance
- helping a client to appoint an attorney to negotiate the purchase of a piece of land and complete the transaction
- advising a client, who was diagnosed with early onset of dementia, about making a Lasting Power of Attorney. Obtaining medical evidence confirming the client’s mental capacity and helping them to register the Lasting Power of Attorney