Real Estate Dispute Resolution
Our real estate litigators act for funders, landlords, tenants, developers, investors, high net worth individuals, hoteliers and retailers.
We advise on a wide range of commercial and residential disputes and are one of the largest real estate litigation teams in central London.
We have particular expertise in commercial developments, offices and the retail and leisure sectors, advising on litigation risks early in transactions with a view to avoiding litigation. We are noted for finding non-litigious ways of resolving potentially litigious issues.
We have had a number of Reported Cases over the last four years, in each case acting for the successful party.
Our recent experience includes advising:
- a subsidiary of an international hotel chain, successfully defending an action that their contracts were not valid. The Judgment has been reported and widely commented on in the press
- a national property developer on a number of issues on their development, in particular a secured loan
- a multi-national company defending an indemnity claim for obligations under a lease with 40 years to run
- a National Maritime Association successfully defending a dilapidations claim
- a national retailer on the reconstruction and reconfiguration of its leasehold properties.