Our team has extensive experience of claims against professionals in a variety of fields. We act for companies and individuals in claims against professional advisers and also for the professional firms.
Our lawyers are experts in civil claims, disciplinary proceedings, regulatory investigations and the criminal law and process. As a result, we are in the rare position of being able to offer the full range of services, supporting our clients along through the complete process from beginning to end. Our focus is on achieving our client's commercial aims with the minimum fuss and finding innovative solutions to difficult problems.
Our services include:
- claims against professional advisers, such as solicitors, auditors, tax advisers, surveyors, architects, IFAs, valuers and investment advisers
- claims against universities for inadequate supervision of PhDs and quality of teaching
- clinical negligence claims against doctors and hospitals
- cross-border claims and investigations
Our recent experience advising:
- liquidators of a land banking company against their former solicitors
- a multi-jurisdictional market abuse investigation, also involving civil proceedings
- the estate of a high net worth individual on investment advice received
- a high-profile figure in the music industry against a tax adviser
- against a firm of architects for defective design of a multi-storey car park
- a purchaser against solicitors for negligently drafting an option clause, preventing them from exercising the option to obtain an adjoining plot of land intended to be developed for profit.
- disappointed beneficiaries under a will against solicitors for failing to advise the deceased to serve a notice of severance on a property held on a joint tenancy basis
- against surveyors for negligently failing to keep a property insured, which was subsequently damaged by fire
- against solicitors for negligently advising on the establishment of a trust
- a bank against solicitors for failing to secure good security on loans advanced to a borrower purchasing a hotel
- against an architect for failing to secure appropriate planning permission for a multi-million pound development property resulting in the requirement for a partial rebuild
- a bank against valuers and solicitors in respect of negligent and fraudulent valuations
- against accountants for negligence advice in relation to tax saving schemes