Our fraud group comprises specialist criminal and civil litigation lawyers, with international expertise.
We advise on fraud prevention, identification and investigation, as well as on the consequences of fraud (from a civil, criminal and regulatory perspective).
We are familiar with both internal and external investigations of individuals and corporates, including those by regulatory bodies (such as the FCA, Solicitors Regulatory Authority, General Dental Council, ICAEW) and criminal authorities. We also provide legal services relating to inquests and inquiries.
We are also able to manage any ensuing litigation.
Our services include:
- compliance and corporate governance (including anti-money laundering and bribery and corruption) procedures
- internal investigation
- FCA investigation and other regulatory/professional investigation and enforcement
- criminal investigation and proceedings
- money laundering advice
- bribery and corruption
- self-reporting or other reports to SOCA
- directors (delinquency or breach of fiduciary duty)
- overseas inquiries and extradition/mutual legal assistance requests
- pre-emptive remedies (including freezing orders, search orders, securing evidence through third party disclosure orders, tracing/proprietary claims, etc)
- dealing with any formal notices requiring production of documents or provision of information
- tracing and recovering proceeds of fraud
- civil fraud litigation
- restraint orders under the Proceeds of Crime Act
- acting for and against office holders in contentious insolvency claims
- essential reputation management advice and assistance