Our dedicated tax team offers an all-encompassing tax advisory service for both business and personal clients and their transactions.
Tax can be complicated, but we aim to give advice in a clear, straightforward, and cost-effective way, which helps to ensure our clients have the understanding and support they need to manage their tax issues.
The team consists of highly professional and experienced tax lawyers and qualified Chartered Tax Advisers. It includes the Chair of the Chartered Institute of Taxation’s Property Taxes Sub-Committee, and members of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners’ Group.
We have the technical expertise, ability and know-how to guide and protect our clients in their tax affairs.
Examples of our work include:
- numerous company/business transactions, both buying, selling and restructuring companies and businesses, including advice and support in drafting and negotiating tax documentation
- commercial and residential property transactions including VAT and Stamp Duty Land Tax advice
- the tax aspects of property development projects, including joint ventures;
- the design and implementation of employee share incentive arrangements, including Enterprise Management Incentive share options
- the tax aspects of fundraising for businesses, including through the Enterprise Investment Scheme and Venture Capital Trusts
- disputes with HMRC (e.g. recently over the correct VAT classification over the sale of ice cream)
- serious HMRC investigations (e.g. to negotiate to avoid prosecution for fraud) including settlements with HMRC under the Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility and the Contractual Disclosure Facility.
- high net worth individuals, offshore companies, trusts and foundations in respect of “de-enveloping” UK residential properties worth in excess of £500,000
- non-UK domiciled clients in relation to the tax implications of establishing and operating businesses in the UK, purchasing and holding assets in the UK, and becoming tax resident in the UK
- UK resident non-domiciliaries as to the tax implications of remitting money and transferring assets to the UK.