M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions)
From start-ups to publicly listed companies, from UK family-run enterprises and family offices to international cross-border conglomerates, Howard Kennedy’s M&A team has, over many years, helped clients achieve their growth ambitions through transactional expansions.
We advise on the terms and structure of sales and purchases and actively contribute to the negotiation process. We also offer advice on the strategic aspects of growth and exit planning – options other than simple M&A, private equity and joint ventures.
Our work has a considerable international aspect. Clients from around the world, including the US, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, have turned to us for counsel on their UK and international transactional matters. We are also the UK member for the Meritas and Lawyers Associated Worldwide (LAW) alliances, giving clients access to leading international advice around the globe.
Recent work includes
- In a deal worth up to £21m, advising on the sale of Funkin Limited, the cocktail mixer business which sells mixers for Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri and Espresso Martini through its website and retailers including Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Majestic Wine, to AG Barr plc, the soft drinks company that makes Irn-Bru
- Advising specialist investment firm Young Associates Limited on the acquisition, together with management, of Micad, a software as a service property management and compliance solutions provider, in a transaction for an undisclosed sum
- Advising Christian Nellemann, CEO and founder of XLN, an independent provider of fixed line and mobile telephony, broadband, energy and card processing services, on the disposal by ECI Partners of its stake to management, financed through vehicles managed or advised by GSO Capital Partners, a division of the Blackstone Group. The transaction value was an undisclosed multi mullion pound sum
- Advising Interval Leisure Group in its US$100m transatlantic joint venture with CLC World Resorts & Hotels to establish VRI Europe Limited
- Advising English Rose Enterprises, a company owned by Andrew Perloff and family, on the acquisition, by way of a recommended public takeover, of Beales plc, the national department store chain which operates 30 department stores across the UK
- Advising Impresario Festivals Plc on the acquisition of the share capital of Lock’n Load Limited (proprietor of the SW4 music festival) for an undisclosed sum and separately on the acquisition of the Boardmasters music festival
- Advising Manroy Plc, an international munitions dealer, on its agreed public takeover by Herstal SA
- Advising Canburg, the owner of renowned luxury fitted furniture businesses - Mark Wilkinson Furniture and Smallbone of Devizes - on the capital investment of £8 million from The Business Growth Fund (BGF)