Corporate Real Estate
The UK market has seen a significant increase in recent years in commercial and residential investment and development projects, especially in London.
With signature large scale developments drawing inward investment from around the world, the UK market continues to be seen as a safe haven.
Tax, SDLT and regulatory factors often determine how investments into and purchases of UK real estate are carried out. This, linked with funding requirements, often via a combination of debt and collaborative private equity, means that transactions require significant corporate input and co-ordination in support of the underlying real estate transaction.
Our corporate real estate team acts for a wide range of clients, from individual entrepreneurs to corporates, developers, investors, joint ventures, intermediaries and funders, including private equity, venture capital and debt providers.
We have particular expertise in the hotel and leisure sectors, including hotel, fractional and timeshare arrangements. This extends to negotiation of hotel management and operating agreements, both on the operating side and also for owners, investors and asset managers. We also have significant expertise and a growing client base in the restaurant and high end retail sectors.
We are able to provide you with extensive project management support on all aspects of your corporate real estate transactions, advising you on a wide range of issues including:
- corporate wrapper sales and purchases and joint ventures for our developer clients and their various co-venturers
- drafting and advising on joint venture documentation (including by way of LP, LLP, shareholder agreement and contractual JV) between various real estate clients plus associated constitutional documentation
- acquisition and investment due diligence
- corporate structuring and associated regulatory advice in relation to fund structures, working with our funds and regulatory team
- due diligence on financings and refinancings and for lenders on debt provision
- high end residential property transactions through corporate vehicles, often for international clients, family offices and high net worth individuals.
Our recent experience includes acting for:
- the Galliard group and its various co-venturers on several signature joint venture development projects
- Interval Leisure Group in its US$100M transatlantic Joint Venture with CLC World Resorts & Hotels to establish VRI Europe Limited
- First Base on its joint venture funding and development management agreement for a new North London development
- Asian ultra-high net worth investors in connection with the acquisition of the corporate vehicle owning a Knightsbridge restaurant
- a family consortium on the sale of its multi-million pound property portfolio at the Earls Court development site to Capital and Counties PLC
- the corporate sale of a landmark commercial building in the West End of London to a Danish purchaser for in excess of £100 million
- various Middle Eastern purchasers of London residential real estate, including a BVI corporate acquisition of a Chelsea Bridge Wharf penthouse and a park facing block in Bayswater
- a Middle Eastern purchaser of a commercial building in Victoria for in excess of £40 million
- multiple South African vendors of an Isle of Man vehicle owning an HM Government tenanted building in Kings Cross
- an Indian purchaser on the BVI corporate purchase of the former Great Western Railway Office Building
- an Eastern European owner of a Knightsbridge residence for in excess of £40 million.