We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive culture drives innovation, enabling us to deliver the best experience to our people and clients. Our value of "Be Yourself" means our people are encouraged to drive change.
We make sure that this is part of real-life at the firm by treating everyone fairly and equally from our recruitment processes to career development, progression, recognition and reward.
We are working to equip our people with the tools they need to live our values and be the best they can be. Some of our initiatives include:
- Our dedicated Inclusion Committee champions inclusive behaviours and culture across the firm. The committee delivers education and awareness raising campaigns throughout the year with a focus on LGBTQ+, race and ethnicity, women and disability.
- Our trained Allies Champions, who help to embed a speaking up culture across the firm.
- Our reverse mentoring programme, which brings together colleagues with different levels of experience and helps them to understand different perspectives.
- Our broad learning curriculum, which includes respect at work and unconscious bias training.
- Our performance system that encourages regular 360-degree feedback and career conversations.
- And our Values Awards, where, through nomination, we publicly recognise individuals who live the values in the firm.
We also continue to introduce a range of policies and processes to support our people and give them the flexibility they need to balance their work and home life. These include an agile working approach, leave for fertility treatment, pregnancy loss and dependant care, parental coaching, a wellbeing hub, and many others.
We are focused on developing our talent pipeline so that career development is clear and available to all. Whether a lawyer, part of Business Services or a partner, development is essential to enabling our people to develop their skills and drive their own careers. It is key to living the value of "Be Yourself" and to our growth as a firm.
We are also part of Meritas, an international law network, and participate in global initiatives, such as the Black Lawyers' Forum and Women's Leadership Congress.